Sometimes as a mother:
I don't get to drink my morning coffee until 11:00
I eat my lunch at 11:30
I shower at 3:00pm, or 6:00am just to make sure I can fit it in
I eat my dinner, or any leftovers stone cold instead of heating them up
I wake up in the dead of night to the slightest peep coming from his bedroom
I nurse my baby boy at any time without a blink of my eyes
A 5 minute walk to get the mail provides the perfect refresher after a long afternoon
A 2 mile walk in the park listening to my iPod keeps me going for the evening
I'd do anything for smiles from our sweet baby boy
I'd do even more to hear the sweet trill of laughter peel from his lips
Not a day has gone by since his birth that a part of my body hasn't ached
But when all is said and done, I have a heart that has never ever been so full
I spend my days staring at our sweet baby boy, making him smile, listening to his laughter, his cooing, his first bit of conversation with his Mommy
I take pictures, video, skype
I put it all in my memory bank, on this blog, in my journal, in his baby book
Fussiness, tears, naps, no naps, up, down, around, sometimes as a mother you take it all in and thank God for the amazing gift that he has given to you.
I do
Every. single. day.
Wednesday, August 17, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment