I know I know, there were the 'olden days' back before there was air conditioning, and believe it or not, people had babies then too. And those babies were perfectly fine in the heat, and sweating even.
But in 2011, when the AC breaks in the car, and you get stuck in traffic and a 5 minute trip takes 20 with the sun blaring in the open windows, not a breath of air, and you, the adult are sweating up a storm, you can only imagine what your 1 month old is doing in his diaper, onsie and socks tucked in his carseat.
Sweating.
Yep, I got LC out of the car yesterday after our trip from the oil change place to home and his hair was matted on the back of his head -- with sweat!
I felt around and wiped him down a bit when we got inside, made sure he wasn't listless or lethargic (those are kinda the same thing), and fed him some lunch - ahh, the milk bar, table for 1 please!
He was warm no doubt, but he ate and was fine and even smiling (his new trick) the rest of the day.
But yeah, I totally worried that he may get heat stroke or a heat rash or something affiliated with extreme temperatures.
But, as is is his custom, he was unaffected!
And kinda, the matted hair look is becoming on him :) But we like the AC that's for sure! Too hot to stroll around here right yet. Even in the evening :(
Monday, July 4, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment