As my friend (and big sis) S says, "are you always hungry and tired at the same time everyday?" Um..no...so why should I expect LC to be.
So we don't have a schedule....we have a routine. Things that we do everyday that he expects and enjoys.
Things like eating, diaper changes, tummy time, story time, skype with Grandpa and Mimi and Uncle B, naps (usually 2).
(I'd like his naps to be in his crib but he does understand that his crib is for sleeping, so sometimes his swing works wonders for an am snooze - like today!) :) We usually get his afternoon nap in the crib so that's good!
And they don't always happen at the same time everyday, because some days we go out of our apartment and walk around the park, the mall, meet new friends for coffee, and the nap happens in the carseat, or maybe not at all since he gets so enthralled with what's going on when we're out.
Bright eyed after his nap yesterday. Melts your heart doesn't it! Okay, I'm biased but gosh darn isn't he cute!
And that's okay.
We have a great nighttime routine that we do try to stick to the clock on since it is the time that we (well, I) go to bed :)
I pump a bottle for LC around 9ish, J feeds him, changes him into his pjs, swaddles him, pops the paci in, reads him a story, and puts him in his crib for sleepytime.
And it works like a dream! I meanwhile get ready for bed and have about 30 minutes to read before drifting off until LC wakes me with his wee peeps around 3 in the morning.
I love our little routine, and am so proud of him for being a good little napper (if he doesn't nap he is Mr Crankypants as we learned the other night), but that's okay, everyone is entitled to an off day :)
I still look at him in awe that he is really mine, that I am really shaping him into a little man...and that I can truly see that I mean the world to him....that is the most amazing feeling ever.

I am his Mommy.....

Sounds about right! Routines - not schedules!
ReplyDeleteO was sleeping about 6-9 hours stretches and then last night - WHAM! Wanting to eat every 2- 3 hours - all night! Poor baby, must be in a growing spurt...