Sunday, May 15, 2011

38 weeks! Oh yes, it is true!


Oh...my...goodness... I know I say it every week but wow, are we really at 38 weeks! Like 2 weeks away from our due date - potentially mere days or hours away from meeting our sweet baby!? No more than 3 weeks away at most! Holy guacamole!

Yes, this is surreal. We are giddy with excitement, nervous at the unknown, and our hearts are bursting apart with anticipation of meeting our little man and showering him with the love that we've been carefully incubating for so so long!


How far along? 38 weeks!
Total weight gain/loss: As of Tuesday's appointment, up 1 lb making a grand total of 22 lbs! Sah-weet!
Maternity clothes? Yes, even though my pants are straining at the seams and my shorts I swear will rip when I sit down - still rockin' them all with pride!
Sleep:Waking up twice if not three times to go to the bathroom each night, and lately my hips have been hurting again despite my pregnancy wedge pillow. So lots of tossing and turning and attempting decent sleep.
Best moment this week: 1-2 cm dilated as of Tuesday's appointment - LC keeps moving down, while Mommy keeps moving up! Let's meet in the middle real soon little buddy!
Movement: Yep, still kicking out his foot on my right side, and shakin' his booty every chance he gets. I swear they say babies stop moving as much at this stage in the game, but I know this baby, and he knows his parents, and he will keep on moving til he finally comes out to meet the world! That's our boy! :)
Food cravings: oreos - and not even the 'real' ones, generic will do. and cookies n' creme ice cream - which by the way, at 2 weeks til my due date, I actually sent J out to the store to procure said cookies n' creme ice cream this evening! He should be back momentarily. And, we used our first ever 'stork parking' privileges last night at a trip to the Babies R Us! Yes, we took a picture of it, to post later when I get it off of my phone:)
Gender: B-O-Y!
Labor Signs: Braxton hicks still, and I just say "it feels tight" and assume that's what it is.
Belly Button in or out? Not going in anytime soon - um how long does it take to invert back after baby anyway!? Eh, who cares! :)
What I miss: nothing!
What I am looking forward to: Next OB appointment, and really every night wondering "will this be the night we get to meet our baby boy!?"
Weekly Wisdom: This baby boy is a blessing beyond belief.
Milestones: He's still gestating, waiting for juuust the right moment to say hi!

ps I don't know what happened to the stretch mark questions, but they are still not there! This baby has been so good to his mother! Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment