for a baby, there is never a "perfect" time. Whoever 'they' is, of course. At any rate, my feelings on this are, yes, we are so physically and emotionally ready. But literally ready, as in, armed with all essential supplies (which really, what do you need right off the bat - a place to sleep, eat and something to poop and pee in), and a nursery all set to a T, that, we are not ready for yet. I try to remind myself that I don't need to have everything the minute the baby pops out - but a sense of calm and organization would be nice. I know it is all on its way though, I mean J cleaned out the 2nd room of Christmas stuff last night after I freaked out that the nursery would "never be ready in time!". So that is all put away which makes me feel better. Now on to tackle the bookshelf and other odds and ends to clear out the room - I should take a pic so we have a 'before' shot :)
We have both been looking online trying to find items we need and comparing them to registry lists we have found. It is all so overwhelming at times. Okay, all the time, for me. However, we do have several things totally nailed down and just need to zap them w/ the registry gun (wherever we may register that is - right now we are thinking one online spot, and one physical store).
Trying not to research too much, and be flexible and enjoy this part, but it is hard since things are so expensive, to try to 'not' make a mistake. But then again, all babies are different, some like x swing, some like y bouncy so you take your chances. Roll the dice.
Oh me oh my, the trials and tribulations of two research focused parents to be sure is something else :)
It will get done, I know it will - we are aiming to have the nursery done with 2 months to spare "just in case" and for our own piece of mind :) Fingers crossed!
I must remember the gumby toy my Dad got me for Christmas - when I'm all straight laced and by the book, and this baby stuff (before and after) throws a wrench in my plan, I just move the arms and legs of the gumby to show....Flexibility :)
Tuesday, January 4, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I agree! We are totally ready - just not "ready"! We started on the nursery weeks ago and the progress is, let me just say, slow. But, since DH works all week, I only make him work on the nursery a few hours during the weekend. I think once the painting is done (and thus I can help) things will move much more quickly. Did yall decide on a theme - or are you waiting for the u/s next week? And don't worry - we do still have plenty of time! (Although I did INSIST on finalizing the car seat/stroller decision this past weekend. My registry is complete.)
ReplyDelete