Sunday, January 9, 2011

If I were running a 1/2 marathon I'd be done now: 20 weeks

Wow! I can't believe we have safely, successfully, reached the 'official' 20 week marker! I mean I can believe it, but I can't because it all still seems surreal! Why, I have no idea, but it just does. And no matter what we do to prepare, it still feels surreal. We got a TON done this weekend as far as registry ideas, where to register, etc. It was wonderful! Now to find out if we're having a boy or a girl- and if you've been following this blog, you KNOW that I could pee my pants with excitement everytime I think about this coming Thursday! Most important is that our dear sweet baby is healthy, second, that s/he cooperates and shows us the goods! :)

With that, I give you: 20 weeks!


How far along? 20 weeks! Folks, that is half of 40 which is full term which is, oh my goodness, I can't believe we're halfway there!
Total weight gain/loss: I'm guessing up 3lbs but the scale here is wonky
Maternity clothes? It might officially be time for maternity shirts as my regular shirts are looking a bit short despite my long layering tanks
Stretch marks? No and I've taken to using the Tummy Butter morning and evening, although like I've said, genetics come into play for 100% and thus far they have been kind, very kind!
Sleep: getting rockier, getting up once a night to pee, tossing and turning from side to side trying to get in the habit of only sleeping on my side.
Best moment this week: Talking to my family (cousins and grandparents and Dad) on Skype and showing them their growing family member :)
Movement: Oh yes, this baby loves getting fed, wiggles before feeding to let me know to send something down stat, and other random wiggles throughout the day and evening to just say hi!
Food cravings: Cheese, sometimes chicken salad, and sometimes popcorn but the last two have been rather fleeting only lasting a few days. Cheese is a guaranteed hit!
Gender: Deeeep down in my gut I think boy, but closer up to my heart, I think girl. So yeah, I have no idea ;)
Labor Signs: No thank goodness!
Belly Button in or out? In but realllly thinking about changing that
What I miss: not one thing!
What I am looking forward to: Need I repeat it? Thursday 1/13 of course! My lucky date and the day we get to see our dear sweet baby on the big screen!
Weekly Wisdom: Our baby is perfect, thank you
Milestones: I’m still pregnant

No comments:

Post a Comment