Sunday, January 9, 2011

20 week reflections

So we are 20 weeks pregnant today! Today, we have passed a milestone, half of 40 which is full term! Am I mourning the fact that half of this pregnancy is over....not in the least! Am I celebrating in the fact that we are halfway closer to meeting our dear sweet baby....a little....but most importantly, I am content.

I am content with the stage that we are in, content with the fact that I have managed to carry this baby this far, without falter, without fail, and the support and love from our family and friends. A lot of shoulder rubs, hugs, and words of encouragement.

I've gone through being nervous at every twinge, cramp, slight pain, to being elated at the first flicker on the screen when we saw our baby's heartbeat in October, to seeing it again a week later, and again a month later, to finally hearing it last month.

They don't lie when they say pregnancy brings about anxiety, and for me, an already anxious person, it is or, can be, amplified. Fortunately I have married a man who serves not only as my husband and best friend and confidant, but as a voice of reason, telling me 'our baby is perfect, you are doing great, we are kicking butt in this thing!'

I've had a dream that our baby is a boy, I've had a dream that our baby is a girl, I've had a dream that we're having triplets (2 girls and 1 boy - totally not true, J double checked during the first ultrasound saying 'only one in there?')

Chin up, head high, and hand on the growing belly, I will solider on, beaming with pride as our baby amazes me everyday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment