Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Vacation Part II

And the vacation continues..let's see, where did I leave off...oh yes, after ice cream (which we thought was just 'okay' shockingly...we may or may not be ice cream connoisseurs) we drove over to the bed and breakfast (that we booked a week prior!) Carolina Bed and Breakfast. It was a lovely ooolllddd house (wood floors, fireplaces, large parlor and massive (redone) kitchen) and gorgeous rooms of course :) I'll let my pics do the talking for this part:


Aren't they cuuute -- two little robes waiting patiently in the closet for us (although we actually didn't use them)
The super cute bathroom complete with a clawfoot tub! Way cool! And the space in the bathroom was awesome! Like the size of an NYC bedroom in some apartments :)
They have one of those benches at the end of the bed - I've been wanting one of those for a while...maybe I can find something at some point. And the gorgeous HUGE windows with lace curtains let the light in so softly :)
Working gas fireplace (cool in winter but not in this heat)

My favorite part -- the cookies/brownies that were made fresh each evening and left on the table for us to pick up as we came in for the night :)
1 plate with 2 cookies per room, per night..nicely wrapped in saran wrap so you could wrap them up and take them with you if you wanted - like we did the day we left :)

Oh and how can I forget (Mom you will love this), the TWO little ponds that they had on the premise. One on the back porch and the other (in ground) along the backyard (which was beautifully landscaped)


There were real fish in each pond : )


Oh yeah and how can I forget the foot stool to get up to the bed (it was high for us folk who are 5'2" and I used it everyday :) )


And on to Sunday / Monday / Tuesday ... in another post :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm enjoying living your vacation vicariously through you! It's been fun so far, thanks for planning it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why thank you :) There is more to come - it keeps getting longer and longer and I have to split the posts b/c I know I can't keep everyone's attention all at once lol :)

    ReplyDelete