Grab your coffee, soda, and/or jug o' water cuz it's a gazillion degrees out and its....THANKFUL THURSDAY! Wheeeeeee!!! :)
Since I missed last week, I'll try to back track (if I can remember)...
So despite the string of bad luck that turned around, then did a uturn and doubled back on us, I'm still thankful this week! So here we go...
1- Text shopping with my BFF J -- you know what I mean, when you try things on in the dressing room and take a cell phone pic of it and send it to your BFF for her honest opinion...yep, that was us on Sunday. Me being the shopper, she being the yay/nayer :) It was super fun and made me feel like we were as close as we could be despite the miles :)
2- 2nd Anniversaries (this one is from last week) -- complete with a road trip to NC where we explored different (yummy) foods and new places!
3- Drive belts available at Wal*Mart for $2.87 (no shipping fee) that take the combined effort of Team Bear to install...and work! :)My apartment, my kitties, and J's sinuses thank the makers of this little vacuum part.
4- Little book totes with matching pencil cases and journals from BN that make a Saturday night that much more complete
5- Finishing a book in a week, reading a magazine (The Nest - great mag, just started coming out quarterly, awesome tips for the 20-30s set) as an 'in between' until the next book comes in
6- Anticipating my next book to arrive at the library! When a book finally arrives 'on hold' for me just makes my day!
7- Ice cream and naked cupcakes (w/out the icing and FREE) at a new(ish) ice cream parlor down the road from our apartment..oh combined with a buy one get one free coupon -- yeah free was in this one twice :)
8- Water and A/C to keep hydrated and cool in this heat wave. I try to drink 2 liters of water a day, sometimes I make it, sometimes I don't, but try to keep hydrated as best as I can, and stay indoors
9- Mail call (this has always been a favorite of mine and J knows this so he always leaves the mail pickup to me) weather it is "good" (i.e. cards, magazines, etc), or "bad" (bills, junk mail, etc), I love the anticipation of seeing what is in our lil mailbox everyday (except Sunday)
10- My Uncle R who is going to take us out on his boat when we go home for a visit. I've wanted nothing more than to be out on the water either on a boat or swimming in the ocean all summer long, and it looks like our visit home will be full of both of those things and I absolutely can't wait!
11- My Granny for sending me cards and letters all of the time so I have something fun to open and read after work :) I love you so much Granny!
12- My Grandad for getting so excited when I call that he practically tackles my Granny to get the phone to say hi and see how I'm doing :) I love you Grandad!
13- Decaf coffee -- sipping it in the morning while getting ready, or while relaxing on a Saturday or Sunday morning just brings calm to me. A nice comfortable way to ease into my day, whatever that day may hold. And sans caffeine so no jitters!
What are YOU thankful for this Thursday!?
I hope that everyone is having a good week and hey, it's almost the weekend so rah rah sisboombah! Go get your summer on :)
Thursday, August 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment