So I guess that is what they mean when they say 'enjoy your time together as a couple'. Because we had a really great weekend from beginning to end - full of fun new experiences for both of us.
It all started on Saturday morning when we took our second trip out to the Farmers Market! It was much more hoppin' than it was a couple of months ago. It was a gorgeous day, really warm and sunny - and the vendors were out in full force! We tested a fried pie and a little piece of chocolate friendship cake that were delicious! Then we puttered around in the little shops inside and even talked to a vendor that sells loaves of bread directly imported from Germany! And we got a huge sample too!
Then we went downtown and had lunch at a great place called - The Dog - you can imagine what their specialty is!
J got a hot dog with pulled pork and coleslaw and bbq sauce ALL on the one dog! He said it was delightful - I, being less adventurous eater, opted for a simple dog w/ some cheese - can't go wrong! Go ahead, poke fun, but it was supreme!
Plus the restaurant is adorable and I know my Mom would LOVE it! They can even char-grill your dog (which I forgot to add), otherwise they are boiled.
Then we walked down the street to a super cute used bookstore -you know I can't get enough of my books! And a few other shops on the little strip, and we even got caught in a rain shower, but luckily it passed quickly and we got back to the car pretty much unscathed :)
Then we headed home, changed and headed out to....The Rodeo!!!!
Sunday, May 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment