Sunday, February 28, 2010

Ah Sunday



Oh how I love our Sunday morning coffee and breakfasts! We use the same coffee mugs every Sunday (they were a gift from my Mom for our wedding - they were delivered to our hotel room and waiting for us when we got back from the reception)...so you can say it is our tradition to use them every Sunday and remember :) Thanks Mom!
I got up early today and made J and I a nice breakfast - scrambled eggs on a bagel and some grapefruit and coffee and a little cup of juice.



I know, you're all wondering why we have two coffee makers - well one is for decaf for me since caffeine makes me jittery and I don't think that it is good for me to begin with - and the other is regular for J.

Then I went to try out the gym at our apartment complex. LOVE IT! I rode the stationary bike for about 3 miles, and got some good reading done on my 'Dear John' book (which is due on March 6 so I need to keep at it at a fast pace!). And then I decided to keep going and I ran on the treadmill for 10 minutes (about a 1/2 mile), which I am proud of considering cardio is not a huge part of my workouts. Jillian has some cardio in the one that I do but only in the warm up. I used to run 5 miles a week but that was eons ago, and cardio is something that I know is important to my health so I'd really like to try to get back into it as much as I can. Especially when it's warmer out. I can't wait til nicer weather and am really looking forward to taking nice walks with J after dinner on the weeknights.
After I exercised we hit up the grocery store (only 2 today)and then headed over to J's brother's house for dinner and some fun time with our little nephew.
And then I came home and just made some cookies (don't be fooled, the are slice n' bake from Pillsbury) while J went out to fill up the tank for the week and make one last grocery run (I told you he loves it :) ) and he is a super saver! I tell ya, we will never go hungry in our house!
Also another big piece of news is that we finally got the router to work! SO I am mobile with my laptop which I'm really enjoying. Now I don't have to stay cooped up in our room to use the computer, I can be out in the living room working on things while J cooks dinner or catches up on sports on tv! I love it! I think that it made my week lol!
And now that I'm mobile I've been able to show Mom and Dad around the apartment through Skype, which is super fun!
Another work week is coming up all too fast but I am off next weekend so I'll take it for sure :) I love the schedule, basic 8:30-5:30 with one late night and then off for the weekend. Don't know what's on tap yet but let's take it one day at a time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment